We decorated this modern master bedroom with warm neutrals and a grass cloth wall covering. An upholstered headboard and bedding with clean lines create an inviting space for relaxing.
This couple that lives in a beautiful contemporary home in Ukrainian Village neighborhood of Chicago initially hired us to stop by for a few hours and pick paint colors and to provide some assistance with selecting a couch for their living room. After picking paint colors, they realized that they wanted more of our help with decorating their master bedroom and other rooms of their house.
For this room we focused on:
- Creating a soothing space by selecting furniture with soft fabrics in a neutral color
- A grass cloth wall covering with whites, beiges and thin strands of silver grass create a shimmery yet soothing texture for the accent wall.
- An upholstered headboard with flanking wings gives the bed a more intimate feel.
- Organic cotton bedding, pillows and accessories make for an inviting and comfortable bed.
- Nightstand lights offer dual lighting options; the top or the base can be lit.
- The nightstands and dresser coordinate, but do not match. This is an important trick we use when designing a space.
- By adding contrast piping and stitching to a neutral accent chair, we were able to add a little color to the space without straying from the goal of a neutral palette.
- A thick shag rug made from 100% New Zealand Felted Wool is extremely soft under foot, and ensures that the first step of the day will be warm and inviting.