When this couple asked Design Inside to help furnish their new home, they owned very few pieces of furniture, leaving us a blank canvas. To furnish their beautiful townhome in Logan Square, we had to decide the function of the space and what it was going to be used for. Would we have a formal living space or a casual entertaining area? After talking with the client, they ultimately decided that they wanted to use the space for entertaining their friends, while maintaining a subtle formality.
- A pair of boldly patterned chairs are offset with golden-hued silk drapery and voile sheers. Opposite of the chairs is a tasteful sofa in a soft turquoise stripe sitting on a twisted loop jute rug.
- The inset glass coffee table provides storage and a spot to display photo albums and exotic bowls, bringing a splash of color to the center of the room.
- Swapping an uninspired chandelier for a properly proportioned and timeless dining light fixture in Beige Linen with an acrylic diffuser.
- We added a mirror and sconces to enhance a builder-basic fireplace. Colorful accessories flank the mantle.
- A demilune table was the perfect solution for creating a display area without impeding the flow of guests making their way towards the patio.
- Guests are easily accommodated at the dining table, seating 6 without the leaf and 8-10 with the leaf. Extensions for tables are an important consideration when selecting the perfect table for a city dwelling.
- Colorful yet sophisticated artwork and accessories bring whimsy to the grand architecture.