Family rooms are often the second-most used room in a home. Sadly, they are often the dumping ground for furniture banished from the rest of the home.
When this couple asked Design Inside to help furnish their new home, they owned very few pieces of furniture, leaving us a blank canvas. Since this couple had us design a living room that was to be used for entertaining, we knew the lower level family room would be where they would kick back and relax from their hectic work schedule.
- We selected a large sectional sofa that would accommodate groups of friends and family
- The smaller dining table and chairs are perfect for playing card games, or for setting out appetizers during parties
- Placing a large upholstered ottoman near the sofa is great for kicking up your feet or for additional seating space. The ottoman also has a flip-up lid for additional storage.
- The espresso stained entertainment stand offers ample storage for the cable box, PS3 and other AV gear necessary for the main media room in any house
- Hanging a wide variety of artwork and accessories gives the space a warm and inviting feel
- Ample floor lighting helps lighten up this lower level space