[dropcap2]D[/dropcap2]esign Inside was brought on to this project to help redesign a dated Kitchen and Bathroom in this Andersonville condo. When we arrived on site for the initial consultation there were many issues with the existing kitchen design. The most obvious being that the washer and dryer were fully exposed in the kitchen area. Another less obvious issue was that the refrigerator was built into a wall that was shared with a bedroom, taking up 1/2 of the closet space. The client’s main goal was to have us design a beautiful space that would allow them to correct the main issues previously listed all before their newborn baby arrived in 6 months. We were up to the challenge.
The new kitchen features the following:
- The main focus was to design a transitional space that hid the washer and dryer and gain back the closet space that was taken up by the refrigerator.
- We selected cabinetry from Mid Continent that had antique white finish with a chocolate glaze.
- Clean and simple stainless steel appliances create a clean modern look while still giving the kitchen a warm comfortable feeling. The flooring is a ceramic tile that looks and feels like slate, but is more durable.
- Silestone countertops give the kitchen a durable work surface that is easy to maintain.
- The new kitchen design has a consistent ceiling lighting plan and under-cabinet lighting that illuminates the entire space appropriately.