While walking home from the Chicago Air and Water Show the other day with the kids I passed this gorgeous Queen Anne mansion at 1547 N. Dearborn Parkway in Chicago which was listed for sale. Since I’m kind of into real estate and beautiful homes, I had to check out the price and some of the specs on the home. The most staggering piece of information on this home was not the $13,750,000 asking price but the fact that it had 12 Bedrooms and 12.5 Bathrooms covering ~18,500 square feet! When I got home with the kids I had to tell Katy about this beautiful home.
Then we got to thinking, how would you use this 121 bedroom mansion?
To come up with our list, we made a few assumptions:
- Owned by a family with 2 parents and 3 kids
- Both parents worked in careers with required the use of a home office
- Had out-of-town family that would want to stay the night which would require a guest room or two
- They would have at least one “junk” room
- The 12 “bedrooms” listed in the MLS listing don’t include other large spaces like dining rooms, sun rooms, etc.
Our Room Assignments?
So, here is how we came up with our use of the rooms:
- Master bedroom
- Bedroom for Kid #1
- Bedroom for Kid #2
- Bedroom for Kid #3
- Office #1
- Office #2
- Junk Room
- Guest Bedroom #1
- Guest Bedroom #2
As you can see, we are still struggling to figure out how to use the 12 bedrooms. How would you use all of these rooms? Leave us your list in the comments section below.